Mobile Crane Inspection Services
Crane inspection is a tough job but it should not create a huge burden for your company. Total Equipment Training provides convenient and expert crane inspection service.
Our On-Site Mobile Crane Inspection Services
Total Equipment Training specializes in annual mobile crane inspection services. Our team of experienced heavy equipment professionals uses an extensive crane inspection checklist to deliver a comprehensive examination of your machines. Once your equipment clears our comprehensive mobile crane inspection, you can get back to work knowing your machine is up to OSHA standards and your crew is safe to do what they do best.
The Benefits Of Total Equipment Training’s Mobile Crane Inspection Services
Total Equipment Training’s mobile crane inspection service benefits include:
- OSHA 1926.1412 and ANSI/ASME B30.5 compliant mobile crane inspection standards.
- Our on-site inspections can be scheduled any time without wasting your organization’s operational time.
- Save time and money by scheduling our crane inspectors to come to inspect your mobile crane at your location or job site.
- Our crane inspectors check issues and solve them before they turn into a major problem in future.
REVIEWS FROM OUR HAPPY CLIENTS
We used Total Equipment Training’s highly qualified inspector to examine our overhead cranes for any deficiencies or safety hazards. Luckily none of our cranes needed to be removed from service, and our records are filed safely now. Thanks!
Forman – Pittsburgh PA.
OSHA COMPLIANT MOBILE CRANE INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
The following are inspection guidelines as outlined in ASME B30.5 (mobile and locomotive cranes) and OSHA 1926.1412 (Subpart CC Cranes & Derricks)
INITIAL INSPECTION OF MOBILE CRANES
Before initial use, all new and altered cranes shall be inspected by a qualified person.
REGULAR MOBILE CRANE INSPECTION
Inspection procedures for mobile cranes in regular service are broken down into two classifications based on the intervals at which inspection should be performed.The crane inspection checklist for mobile cranes in regular service checks the crane’s condition for routine operations. Inspectors check for any structural damage on wire ropes or crane hooks etc.
ANNUAL COMPREHENSIVE MOBILE CRANE INSPECTION
At least every 12 months, mobile cranes must be inspected by a qualified person in accordance with the previous sections. Disassembly is required, as necessary, to complete the inspection. All of the following equipment must be inspected for a comprehensive mobile crane inspection:
- Equipment structure (including boom and, if equipped, jib)
- Sheaves and drums for cracks or significant wear
- Parts such as pins, bearings, shafts, gears, rollers and locking devices for distortion, cracks or significant wear
- Brake and clutch system parts, linings, pawls and ratchets for excessive wear.
- Safety devices and operational aids
- Gasoline, diesel, electric or other power plants for safety-related problems (leaking exhaust and emergency shutdown feature) and conditions and proper operation
- Chains and chain drive sprockets for excessive wear of sprockets and excessive chain stretch
- Travel steering, brakes and locking devices for proper operation
- Tires for damage or excessive wear
- Hydraulic, pneumatic and other pressurized hoses, fittings and tubing
- Hydraulic and pneumatic pumps and motors
- Hydraulic and pneumatic valves
- Hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders
- Outrigger and stabilizer pads
- Slider pads
- Electrical components and wiring ropes
- Warning labels and decals (missing or unreadable)
- Originally equipped operator seat (or equivalent)
- Originally equipped steps, ladders, handrails, guards
Any part of the manufacturer’s procedures regarding crane inspections that relate to safe operation that is more comprehensive or has a more frequent schedule of inspection than the requirements outlined above must be followed.
All inspection checklist documents must be available, during the application document retention period, to all persons who conduct crane inspections or appointed personnel.
CONTACT US TODAY